Ride on the Northampton Rail Trail and enjoy the scenic views along the way. Level paths allow you to enjoy the trail no matter your abilities. The trail is also open to walking and rollerblading.
The west end of the Norhampton Rail Trail connects with the Northampton Bikeway and the Manhan Rail Trail to Easthampton.
The bike path also passes through Connecticut River Greenway State Park on Damon Road in Northampton.
- Be courteous of other path users.
- Keep right unless passing.
- Stop at all stop signs.
- Trail is open dawn to dusk. If you have appropriate lights, ride at your own risk.
- Give a clear and audible signal before passing and pass only when it’s safe to.
- Travel at a reasonable speed.
- Wear protective headgear. This is required by law for children 16 years and younger, but recommended for all.
- Respect private property next to the trail.
- Carry in, carry out all trash and belongings.